If you are keen on pursuing The Internship, there are a wide variety of areas that you can serve in. Your theological and leadership training will run alongside these CV and career enhancing opportunities. Take a look at what is currently on offer and apply via the apply section of the website.
STUDENT WORKER (x4) ECBSW01
- Serving students at the University of Brighton, University of Sussex and BIMM.
- Reaching church and non-church students in Brighton
- Developing individual student's in their Christian faith
- Serving our student community through leading small groups
- Organising and executing outstanding events which grow our community.
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (x4) ECBPA02
- Be part of the Sunday Team, gaining hands on experience and training in all production roles
- Help administer the Production across our sites
- Liaising with site representatives in deploying first-class production teams
Planning, setting up and executing excellent events
VIDEO ASSISTANT ECBVA03
- Participate in the Sunday Team, gaining hands on experience within the camera team
- Help film and edit excellent promotion videos for a variety of events and contexts
Support the thriving children’s teaching video work in both filming and editing
WORSHIP DEPARTMENT SITE ASSISTANT (x4) ECBWD04
- Help oversee and facilitate worship at a church site
- Being involved in leading worship, playing in a bands, organising schedules, putting on termly events.
- Working with the Site leadership team to put on outstanding weekly events for the glory of God
Weekly central training with Simon and the Newday team
YOUTH WORSHIP ASSISTANT ECBWA05
- Help oversee and facilitate worship within our lively youth work.
- Developing our youth bands, youth worship leaders and leading at our youth events.
- Working with the youth leadership team to put on outstanding monthly Newday Brighton events, whilst developing the next generation of worshipers.
Weekly central training with Simon and the Newday team
CHILDREN’S WORSHIP ASSISTANT ECBCW06
- Help oversee and facilitate worship in our children's work
- Leading praise parties to bi-annual Big Worship mornings, taking our children's work higher in praise and deeper in worship.
- Working with our children's work team to put on outstanding worship events,
Weekly central training with Simon Brading and the Newday team
CHILDREN’S WORK ASSISTANT ECBCW07
- Help facilitate the central practicalities of delivering children's work to each site.
- Working with a site team to put on outstanding weekly children's work on Sundays.
- Being involved with the Creative and Production Teams to help produce the central curriculum resource.
- Work with our children's work teams to put on outstanding worship events, at site and central level.
Good communication skills, creativity and media skills a plus!
CLARENDON CENTRE EXTERNAL EVENTS CO-ORDINATOR ECBEC08
- Assist in the running or external events that happen throughout the building day to day. Duties include:
- Admin: Answering the phone, completing paperwork, supplying information to clients day-to-day, booking of staff, catering, equipment and supplies.
- Catering & Refreshments: Ensuring that the clients refreshments and catering requirements are both booked and catered for, whilst being present to ensure it is set, managed and provided for to a consistently high standard throughout their booking.
- Set-up/Set-down: Support the team in ensuring each room is set for each client in line with their booking requirements and again re-set and adjusted when required.
Event Support: Being present at each event, to meet clients, build relationship and support the event/booking to ensure an excellent provision is met and that repeat bookings are made.
YOUTH WORK AND NEWDAY ASSISTANT ECBND09
- Help reach and shape the next generation!
- Be involved in the development of youth outreach and schools work
- Organising and running youth events (Sundays, Mid-week, Newday Brighton, Training, Newday)
- Help prepare for 12-14s at Newday
Pastoring/Discipling Young People
HOVE CAFÉ ECHCE10
- Exciting opportunity to assist the management and development of this thriving cafe.
- The cafe itself is being utilised as a Pathway to Employment for the disadvantaged adults in the city.
- The role includes: barista training from a local city coffee chain.
- Opportunity to learn the running of a small business and develop core business skills.
- Interact with the local community.
- Supporting the café manager to equip, encourage, and disciple individuals making their way back into employment.
SOCIAL ENGAGEMENT (FRIENDS FIRST) ECSNFF11
- You will have the opportunity to experience all areas of Friends First and then focus on one area that best matches your strengths and skills.
- Outreach (this can involve); taking part in the Brighton Churches Nightshelter, serving at a Trussell Trust Foodbank, mentoring a Friends First trainee.
- Accomodation (this can involve); researching and signposting people to support agencies in the city, working with our housing team to support people in shared accomodation.
- Opportunity (this could include); working alongside our Pathway to Employment team, arranging, promoting and being involved with our social enterprises including building maintenance, cleaning, catering and cafe work.
- Communication and Administration; fulfilling specific admin responsibilities such as: keeping and maintaining appropriate documentation and records. General admins, e.g. emails, answering phones, taking messages, checking forms, liaising with clients. Recording client data as necessary. Communicating well with outside agencies and organisations and helping with fundraising.
YOUTH WORKER (GREENWICH BASED) ECGYW12
- Disciple young people in local area in London
- Work with team to deliver youth program
- Serve Newday Event and sub events
- Support and assist Newday Exec team
MEDIA WORKER (GREENWICH BASED) ECGSM13
- Deliver media for local church in London
- Oversee social media communications for local church in London
- Serve on the Newday media team
- Serve comms for the Newday team